2019 Privacy & Cybersecurity Conference
Thank you for attending the 2019 Privacy & Cybersecurity Law Conference! View our photo album below.
With the California Consumer Privacy Act going into effect in 2020, the regulatory landscape of privacy law will change dramatically and will pose new challenges for practitioners. Join us for the Boston Bar Association’s 2019 Privacy and Cybersecurity Conference, for an in-depth regulatory update examining new developments and trends in state, federal, and international regulations.
Keynote Speaker Announced
- Professor of Law, Boston University School of Law
- MacArthur Fellow 2019, MacArthur Foundation
- Author, “Hate Crimes in Cyberspace” (2014)
Danielle Citron is a Professor of Law at the Boston University School of Law. She previously taught at the University of Maryland Carey School of Law where she received the 2018 “UMD Champion of Excellence” award for teaching and scholarship. She was named a MacArthur Fellow in 2019. Professor Citron teaches and writes about data privacy, free expression, civil rights, and administrative law.
For more information about Professor Citron, click here.
8:00 AM – 9:00 AM
Networking Breakfast (Hot breakfast, coffee, juice provided)
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM
CCPA – Nuts & Bolts
- Moderator: Julia Jacobson – Partner, Arent Fox LLP
- Michelle Anderson – Privacy Counsel, Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Rose Church – Senior Managing Legal Counsel, Nuance Communications
- Julie Fitton – Vice President of Digital Product Security, Stanley Black & Decker
- Ross Parker – Head of Privacy, S&P Global, Inc.
10:15 AM – 11:15 AM
Privacy Risk & Litigation
- Moderator: Lisa Ropple – Partner, Jones Day
- Seth Berman – Partner, Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP
- Adam Bookbinder – Partner, Holland & Knight LLP
- Katherine Fick – Senior Counsel, IBM Corporation
CISO/Legal Team Relationships
- Moderator: Kent Sinclair – Founder, Sinclair Law LLC
- Kevin Burns – Chief Information Security Officer, Draper Laboratory
- Ken Leeser – Chief Information Security Officer, Chrome River Technologies
- Matthew Truenow – Chief Information Security Officer, Interactions LLC
11:30 AM – 12:15 PM
Keynote: Professor Danielle Citron
12:15 PM – 12:30 PM
Break for lunch
12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
Lunch & Regulatory Perspectives: CCPA and Beyond
- Moderator: Sara Cable – Director of the Data Privacy & Security Unit, Massachusetts Attorney General’s Office
- Ryan Kriger – Assistant Attorney General, Vermont Office of the Attorney General, Public Protection Division
- Michele Lucan – Assistant Attorney General, Privacy and Data Security Department, Connecticut Attorney General’s Office
- Marc E. Montgomery, Assistant Attorney General, Bureau of Internet and Technology (BIT), New York Attorney General’s Office
Director of Data Privacy & Security
Assistant Attorney General
Office of the Massachusetts Attorney General
- Members: $330.00
- Government/legal services: $200.00
- Non-members: $430.00
- Conference + BBA Membership bundle: $555.00
For questions about registration or to take advantage of the conference + membership bundle, please contact Daniel Tillman: 617.778.1948 | firstname.lastname@example.org